Thursday, August 9, 2007

A passing Breeze







18 "They willfully put God to the test
by demanding the food they craved.
29 They ate till they had more than enough,
for he had given them what they craved.
32 In spite of all this, they kept on sinning;
in spite of his wonders, they did not believe.
33 So he ended their days in futility
and their years in terror.
38 Yet he was merciful;
he forgave their iniquities
and did not destroy them.
Time after time he restrained his anger
and did not stir up his full wrath.
39 He remembered that they were but flesh,
a passing breeze that does not return. "

I love the imagery in the last line. Verse 38 is what I am thankful for though. All my craving for snack food, better home decorating, clothes, well behaved children...man, I just better BELIEVE...end of story. He has provided and I need not want. The past couple of days I have been remembering the Twila Paris song You Have Been Good

Oh Lord, You have been good
You have been faithful to all generations
Oh Lord, Your steadfast love And tender mercy have been our salvation
For by Your hand we have been fed
And by Your Spirit we have been led.



1 comment:

CroppinRobin said...

Vs. 32...In spite of all this....
Yep, that is me. I was just thinking today as I was running errands that I am a long way from contentment, but that is what I long for. Great post!