Wednesday, December 26, 2007

God Rest ye merry Gentleman













We had planned to go to Sebastian for Christmas but in the craziness that was the week before Christmas we opted to stay at home all by ourselves and it was such a relaxed day. I stayed in my pj's until 11 and in between our one present an hour marathon unwrapping I fixed our lunch/dinner. Around 5 my mom poped in for a visit...she didn't know we had stayed in town and we didn't know she was home either so the kids only thought they were done with presents. Tonight Gloria hosted a get together for our highschool gang. I remembered to take my camera but didn't remember to take it out until Tavia had already left...that doesn't sound right...but that was just how it happened. Jenette, Gloria, Tavia, Ron and myself all still involved in church and working out our faith...if someone would've told me that in Highschool I would've said of course we'll all still be belivers but seeing people come in and out of the faith over the years makes me grateful for God's abounding grace in our lives. Now I just wish I could add a picture w/out distorting it.

4 comments:

Gloria said...

Wow you are fast! When it worked out that everyone was going to be able to make it tonight I thought - gee, who is going to blog about? You were the smart one with the camera!

I really enjoyed getting to know Josh better, I'm so glad you both were able to make it.

CroppinRobin said...

looks and sounds like a wonderful christmas! how come it was a present an hour?

Melissa said...

Nice way to draw out the unwrapping. I'm sure it was torture on the kids. Christmas is the one day of the year where I feel like I have major leverage! How sad!!! :(
It looks like you all had a wonderful day.

CroppinRobin said...

emily,
i made the beer bread you posted last week and it was very yummy! we dipped it in pizza dip - yum-o