Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm back
















Five days ago we left on the Carnival Cruise Fascination to Key West and Nassau as guests of my father and step-mother. My mother drove us to the dock and took the picture of us with all of our luggage...think we packed too much? I do because we have been doing laundry for the past three hours. Ah, but for 5 days I had no laundry, no dishes, no meals to plan and way too many desserts that any person should ever have presented to them. Fortunately I took advantage of the on board gym. This cruise was very windy and I didn't pack sweats so even though I would've rather walked around the top of the ship it was the treadmill instead. I have never enjoyed exercising, I am always counting down the minutes until I can stop. The summer before our first cruise, 6 years ago, I started jogging. Never in the 6 years have I ever felt the runners high or even that I could make it past mile 3. Day three of our cruise I ran 5.43 miles in 42 minutes and made myself stop at that point because it was time to pick up Elise from her "class". The time with the kids on the ship was priceless, the time I had with just my father one morning before everyone woke up was providential but that jog was unbelievably encouraging.

6 comments:

Cloverland Farm said...

i'd love to have a run like that!

Tavia said...

Sounds like it was a great time.

Tavia said...

Is your oldest son as tall as your husband?

gideonmommasita said...

He's an inch shorter than me...at least the last time we measured.

Gloria said...

I agree about the runner's high. With 2 half marathons under my belt....never, never, never did I get that addicting high, I dreaded every moment which is why I didn't stick with it (regretfully). I am very impressed with the time you pulled in on the treadmill. Look how far you've gone! I am so proud of you...remember back to when you first started and now you are pulling very respectfully pace...you should think about doing the river run next year.

I am so glad that you guys had a family get away and had time with your dad. You are right in that those times are priceless. And what a break for you - 5 pure free days without laundry, cooking and cleaning!

SenoraSabrosita said...

I know envy is sinful, so I will just be joyful for your wonderful family vacation!