Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This is-NOT-my world

Approaching Thanksgiving my favorite radio station asked the listeners what they were thankful for...one woman called in to say, "I am thankful this is not my world." Wow...what a thing to be thankful for...I totally agree, and as I sat down to write a Thanksgiving post those words are still reverberating in my heart and mind. Oddly enough, that hymn..."This is my Father's World" also started playing in my head. A little confused, I went to the word....I typed in world into the Crosswalk search and came up with a few verses to meditate on.
John 8:23 NIV
But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world.
1 Corinthians 7:31 NIV
those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.
1 Timothy 6:17 NIV
Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment.
1 John 5:4 NIV
for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll. As you feast on your Turkey and lovely desserts and are surrounded by your lovely families I pray you will blessed with the knowledge that a greater feast awaits you at even a greater table.

2 comments:

Tavia said...

Thank you for the reminder.

sister sheri said...

Wow! I'm looking forward to that feast and being united with all my family... especially my bloggy sisters!