Monday, December 22, 2008

Crafty


Two friends I have recently added to my sidebar are The loving Gathering and We press On.

The first blog is written by a friend of my mother's, that I remember meeting in 6Th grade or so. She has twin daughters the same age as me and she lived in a huge Victorian house in Springfield (a historic section of Jax). My mom has always had fun being crafty with Diane and they have kept up over the years even though Diane no longer lives in town. Recently my mom designed a header for Diane and suggested that I check it out. Diane is a great writer! You would really enjoy visit to her blog.

The second blog is by the Hendley Family. Dan Hendley was our pastor for almost 7 years in Palm Bay at Covenant Presbyterian. The boys still talk about Pastor Hendley's great sermons and how much they enjoyed going to his church. One night I was up at church meeting some ladies to scrapbook or something and I ran into Dan...he asked me why I was there and I said to be crafty with some ladies....his response was "the Devil was called crafty."

Beth was a huge blessing in my life and regularly found ways to bless me. When I was pregnant with Elise, she picked up me and the boys and took us swimming at her mother's pool. Who does this? I learned Hope from Beth...she lives it.

I am seriously considering moving The Leaking Window from my timewasters to my friends and family...though I only know her through blogland...but she is encouraging, funny and from the looks of some of her recent blogs...crafty!

The song we used to sing in Girl Scouts was running through my head this morning.

Make new friends

But keep the old

One is silver

But the other's gold.



2 comments:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the rewind with Caedmon's Call. I love that first song! This world has nothing for me and this world has everything. All that I could want and nothing that I need. True that!

sister sheri said...

I'm blushing! You are too kind... I remember that song as a Girl Scout... we would sing it in a "round"... It's been great getting to know you... Merry Christmas, sister!