Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Maid for Christmas


You're probably wondering if the maid showed up before Christmas?

Nope.

She sent some gal that just cleaned the bathroom and that was it.

We really don't know if the maid will come back at all because she has gotten out of the habit of showing up, what with 2 cruises with her father, Disney World and a death in her husband's family. She said she would rather just sit around and eat the Buttermilk Fudge her mother made her. Evidently the maid's husband doesn't care if she works or not, they can get by on just his job. He did take pity on me though, last week after the funeral and before Disney and vacuumed the house for me. Maybe I can talk the maid's husband into taking over her job here. I think my husband is just about sick enough of this house to hire him. My husband never knew how messy the cats and their hair can be until the maid quit coming around.
Well, I hope the maid has a nice Christmas anyway...You too, my friend!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I did not know American's had maids? Sorry to sound clueless. I only thought the "rich and famous" had them. Guess I watch to much TV. In South Africa its very un PC to call your maid a maid, and so she is called a char, if she comes say 1 or 2x a week, or a domestic if she is full time!

Melissa said...

My maid is staying in her pj's all day tomorrow. I told her that was fine.

Merry Christmas Em!

Josh said...

I can't get my maid to stay in her pj's all day.

AllThingsHomey said...

Now Emily. Consider what you are doing for the international image of a working class American!!

Dee Dee's Diary said...

Actually, I am thinking a Maid has a pretty good job...all she has to do is clean, vacuum...make some beds. I mean - that's it....sounds better than all I have to do. Maybe I will retire and hire me. I won't do anything else.

gideonmommasita said...

I'll hire you but you're only going to get paid what my maid gets.:)
Maids make beds?

Dee Dee's Diary said...

We really HAD a maid when I was growing up. Her name was Sadie. She came on Thursdays...she cleaned and ironed. My mom always fixed her a hot lunch. She told my mom that she loved cleaning houses because she could be in beautiful homes everyday. I loved Sadie. I think my mom paid her $8.00 for the day. And yes....she made our beds...on Thursdays!