Monday, April 13, 2009

Weekend Wonderfulness

Saturday after a little work at the Wilderness we had a small Easter Egg hunt at our house. It was "just" the Tates but since they have 5 children old enough to hunt eggs combined with my 4 it was great. 300+ eggs were found...which is pretty funny because the Tates said they only brought 120 and we only had 150 so I think the kids need to work on their counting skills. Kendra brought over the fixins for Fish tacos. We all were very pleasantly surprised at the wonderful combination of fish sticks, cheese and mayo on a corn tortilla with her homemade Pico de Gallo. Forget seconds...everyone wanted thirds!

Celebrating Resurrection Day is always a blessing. Our church has danishes between services since there is no Sunday School. Even though I made Resurrection Rolls, Eggs and Sausage before we went to church....all the kids had room for more to eat. My dress was tight enough already.




After church I spent very little time in the kitchen because this year it was Susan's turn to host Easter Dinner. Originally, Susan had several people that were coming to Easter Dinner besides us so I bought a ham instead of making Ham Loaf (as is our tradition) but in the end it was just us.
Do you see the cantaloupe in the picture? It has been sitting out on the counter since last Thursday....Do you think that it would be half rotten by now? NO, I cut into it this morning to eat with my cottage cheese and it was still hard! Can you believe it? Uggg...I ate it anyway. Stewart just tried a piece and said it tasted funny...that's about right! Hope your post Easter Gluttony recovery is going better than mine!

4 comments:

AllThingsHomey said...

One of the downsides of not cooking Easter dinner is not having any leftovers. I did snag one of Emily's heavenly homeade yeast rolls that I enjoyed today.

sister sheri said...

300 eggs! Did they all have prizes in them? :)

CroppinRobin said...

wow...300 eggs? we hid 15 eggs. oh well.

SenoraSabrosita said...

my two hunted down 8 eggs! As for Easter dinner, we had cereal. My hubby had school in Atlanta early Monday so he left Sunday afternoon. When it came time for dinner I thought what's simple and easy to clean up? Hopefully we'll have a house full of people next year.