Tuesday, November 10, 2009

inexpressible


Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.
1 Peter 1 : 8

When God hands you a piece of life that is completely unexpected and in the world's eye...devasting, we know we have to walk by faith...but speaking that joy into your heart is another paradox in and of itself.


While the kids were carving their pumpkins last week I got a phone call from my sister to pray for Stephen because he had been in a bad accident on his 4 wheeler. I told her it was going to be okay. Not 30 minutes later she called to say that he was dead. My 18 year old nephew now no longer deals with the guilt within and gets to see face to face who made an end to all his sin. There is joy in that but ......

3 comments:

Turo said...

"When God hands you a piece of life that is completely unexpected and in the world's eye...devasting, we know we have to walk by faith...but speaking that joy into your heart is another paradox in and of itself."

What a powerful statement that is Emily. So sorry for the sadness that your family has had to endure in saying goodbye to Stephen....for now. Despite my mountain top moment this week with Arthur's race, you remained in my thoughts.

Are you going to book club this week? I'd like to take you out for a quick bite to eat prior to book club (if you are going) and we can talk about your week and Stephen. Let me know. Love ya girl -

Turo said...

Oops...Emily...that is my post above...I forgot that I am on Arthur's log in....it's Gloria!

Melissa said...

Oh Emily, I'm am so sorry. {{{hugs}}} from me.