Tuesday, May 18, 2010

hats off to you

This picture and title has nothing at all to do with the post, that's just how my brain's working these days.
Last time I was at the library I told you that I picked up some great books.  I should've have worked on finishing Love and War by John and Staci Eldridge...but I didn't.  Instead I finished Pilgrims by Garrison Keillor....that was an uh, oh.  Right smack dab in the middle of this seemingly innocuous story the main character has an affair the day before her 35th anniversary.. while in Italy.....WHat?  Really? Josh reminded me of the saucy scenes that pop up in Prairie Home Companion in the detective part but I forgot.
Yesterday I picked up Becoming Jane Eyre by Sheila Kohler...I'm hoping it is better. Should just stick to children's fiction huh?

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Exactly! This is why my fiction reading is soooooo limited. I don't like reading fiction from other eras or amish fiction or fiction about affairs or murders. Just want me some more Mitford or Sisterchicks... what's a girl to read? I often consider reading children's books... guess I should.