Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How


"All of a sudden I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory"

The ladies that did the idol study with me, started Crazy Love last night.
One of the questions on this study guide I found asked
"Have you ever been in total awe of God? When?"

Yesterday while sitting in the park while Emmett had homeschool sports and Elise was clambering around the pond and jungle gym I couldn't remember the last time I was in awe of God.
Surely I am in awe of him most every time I worship but is there, was there, a time I can specifically point out recently where I can say I am in awe of him?
This morning I played this youtube video one of my friends on Facebook posted and I remembered.
When I was visiting my sister's church in Indiana they played this song during communion.
And, I'm pretty sure they played it the year before when I was visiting.

Stephen's death has me in awe of God.

"We are his portion and he is our prize
drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes"

Oh how he loves us.

"This is my covenant with them," says the Lord. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the Lord.
Isaiah 59 : 21

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

The lyrics of this are beautiful... Yosemite always takes me back to having feelings of AWE of God.