Thursday, May 26, 2011

July Plans

"Hot July brings cooling showers,
Apricots and gillyflowers."
- Sara Coleridge, Pretty Lessons in Verse
     

In January, my boss at HomeTown Threads Embroidery Shop mentioned that she was training me to help run the shop while she went to a trade show in Atlanata, July 16-20. She was planing on taking Lori, the friend that got me the job.  In March we found out Josh's Aunt from Massachusettes would be down for a vist starting July 16th. Last month I was offerend another grant underwritten program to co-ordinate with a training in New Orleans on July 15-17th.  Last Sunday Josh was asked if he and I would like to join the Czech Republic English Camp trip this summer, with a full scholarship from July 6-19. We'd be working with the Browns who have run this camp every summer for 10+years.

Each possibility was exciting until the next one came along, each person had the understanding that I would meet their expectations.

The Lord gives and the Lord taketh away, Blessed be the name of the Lord.

Last night my friend Lori  stopped by out of the blue. 
No one ever stops by my house.
I had made plenty for dinner so we all invited her to stay.
In a round about way I told her about all the July plans.
She offered to stay and work for me.
I told her she couldn't, she needed a break from caring for her wheelchairbound/dementia/aging mother.
She said she if she needed a break, she'd take one.
We went back and forth.
(I had to because Josh said Lori shouldn't even be told...he wanted no guilt involved....I took Lori coming over as a possible sign)
So today I fill out my passport form.  It expired in 2000.
We'll pay to get it expedited.
What next?

1 comment:

SenoraSabrosita said...

Some people have dreams of going to Paris, I dream of going to Prague. All your choices sound like fun!