Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Lord is my helper


Today's verse of the day makes me think of food for some reason. Probably because my lunch salad is sitting in my stomach lonely for some carbs to keep it company....carbs that man makes, unlike the fresh produce that the Lord so bountifully provides. Last night I weighed in at 8 instead of 9 and I hadn't gained or lost. Josh thought I should visit the ladies room and then go back to weigh because I had taken in so much water since coming home from my day's adventures. (Another blog, stay tuned for details) Exercise update: Have started doing arm circles and leg circles a couple times a day, tried to go walking Tuesday pm and the boys ended up jogging the whole way so I had to keep up. Will try walking again tonight. I am so thankful that the Lord is my helper, a lot of songs on the radio have reminded me of that lately...it's not my work but His. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen. How often do I set my hope on things and not on being with my Lord? What are you hoping for? picture by Emile Renouf from allposters.com

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I echo that, Emily. Sometimes I become self-sufficient and enjoy it for a short season. It's always ends up bad. I wonder if I will ever get to a point of complete Christ sufficiency this side of heaven?

CroppinRobin said...

Great question..."What are you hoping for?"
What immediately came to mind, is how Jacob prays. It is how he has prayed since he was very little. Instead of "I pray that we have a safe trip" he would say, "I hope that we have a safe trip". When he was little I tried to correct him, but he still prays that way. Now I think, who was I to try to correct the way my little boy prays.