Monday, September 10, 2007

My firepit post


After Josh tidied up our firepit he would wander out to inspect his work a couple times a day and finally it got the best of him and he had to make a fire. We had marshmellows on hand... though we had a few discipline issues so the two oldest lost out on the sweet snack. Loud protests insued and parental wisdom was questioned but Josh's fine fatherly wisdom and counsel calmed the fire that burned within the oldest. I hope the lesson was learned. The salvaged bricks that I asked the demolisher man over the summer to dump at our house came in handy for the firepit project. Thinking over the past couple of months I realized that because of all the work I did in the yard it was the first summer ever I lost weight instead of gaining.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I love the fire pit! I especially like the picture of Stewart (?) standing in the fire pit. Looks familiar..... I'm sorry if I got the name wrong. Your boys look so much alike to me. John Thomas is the oldest, then Stewart, then Emmitt? I, of course, can tell Elise from the rest of them...:)

gideonmommasita said...

Very Good w/ the names, you got them all right! Copied the firepit, copied the picture...not an origional bit to it! Well, I guess we did already have the little bricked-in area and the log benches...I think that is next on Josh's outdoor list...make more benches.

CroppinRobin said...

okay...cannot believe that you all had a fire! very funny!
maybe michael will get the firebug and finish up our firepit.....i really should take a 'before pic'.