Saturday, October 13, 2007

Hebrews 12 1-2

I love the verses that are in today's verse of the day. One time I tried memorizing these verses as part of a women's Bible study and I was not very successful. While I could not quote these verses to you on command they are like old friends whenever I read them, very familar and a welcome sight. A lot like how I felt yesterday when I met up with Jennifer in St. Augustine. I had spent quite a bit of time with Jennifer and every time I feel encouraged as a mom and a christian. These verses do the same. I should invest more time in Bible memoriztion. Hopefully memorizing the fighter versers will do the same that these Hebrew verses did. "let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Easier said than done. Throwing off the sin that so easily entangles us. I have to try and untangle every day. Several times a day, actually. I have found scripture memorization to be such a treasure! Verses come to your mind, just when you need them. God is so good that way.