Tuesday, November 6, 2007

How Do you Do?


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
Philippians 4 : 6

We are keeping my mom's cat Woody while she is visiting my sisters...Mrs. Kitty allowed him the couch...she must have read todays Verse of the day!
Last month I found out how much our car repairs and decorating put us in debt and realized this morning that I was feeling anxious about it. Therefore I was so glad to read the Verse of the Day!

We do not have a dishwasher and so the time I spend washing dishes I try to put to good use by reading/memorizing a verse. The verse that has been up for a least a month is Romans 15:13 Yesterday I used it as more of a prayer and what a difference that made!

Thank you Father that you are a God of hope and have/are filling me with all joy and peace as I trust in You, so that I may overflow with hope by the power of the HolySpirit. AMEN!

3 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

lovin' the couch....
totally appreciate the money or lack there of.....

Melissa said...

I was stressin' to look at my checking account this morning. I had nightmares that we overdrew! Thank goodness it was just a dream....Being poor stinks! God still provides for our every need....
I don't miss not having a dishwasher. We didn't have one for about half of our married life and I never want to go back to that place. How hoity toity I've become!

CroppinRobin said...

Growing up, I didn't have a dishwasher, but my parents did...ME. I thought I was 'all that and a bag of chips' when I got married and we had a dishwasher. I didn't even use it all the time...it took too long to fill with just the 2 of us....
Now, I'm running it every other day.....
Emily, you're awesome!