Saturday, February 2, 2008

7 years ago


The top right of the waterfall picture has a covered bridge peeking out of the trees and that is where the picture of Emmett was taken. Emmett turns 7 tomorrow. For some reason I think he is turning 5. Wonder why that is? Seven years ago Josh and I went to see the movie Finding Forrester in a packed theater... the only two seats available were the very topleft and though I'm sure Josh thought about splitting up to avoid such dreadful seats he didn't. After the relaxing movie we went home and I had a LARGE rootbeer float while Josh took apart the washing machine that wasn't working. After I finished my float I went out into the garage to find Josh with all the parts spread across the garage floor to tell him my water broke, there was meconium and we needed to go to the hospital right away. When we called Josh's sister to tell her she thought we were joking because he had just been down to Vero for the movie.
I am so thankful for quick deliveries because the drama involved with his birth seemed to last an eternity...He tried to be born with the cord wrapped around his neck and then looped around his shoulder. There was also a true knot in the cord, a crazy child even in the womb. Three days in the Nicu from meconium aspiration and we got to bring our third and final boy home. He wants to go iceskating on his birthday, we went last year but haven't been back. Last year we went with Josh's dad and this year Emmett has asked Gramma. It will be a nice ending to our little winter break.

5 comments:

CroppinRobin said...

love, love, love the post.
happy birthday, emmett!

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday, Emmett!
I haven't recounted my labors, but you've inspired me.
How was Finding Forrester? I haven't seen it....

Gloria said...

Hope you guys had a happy celebration for Emmett. Love his picture!

Gloria said...

I read on Robin's blog that you said you started taking hormones this month? What's up with that? Can you share some with me????

Josh said...

And you say I have the good memory. Ha! We still have that washer. It's a Maytag and to Emily's dismay it continues to press on. Yeah, I took it all apart only to realize I didn't need to, the part that was "leaking" was above the tub. Just a couple monthes ago i did the same thing, it again it was "leaking" near the very same spot. You'd think one would learn. Ha!