Thursday, April 10, 2008

What's in your email?


Somehow I got signed up for a Denise Austin email everyday, sometimes it is good and today I thought it was worth sharing! Are you signed up for anything fun to arrive in your email that you want to share?


Pep Talk Yourself!
What's the voice inside your head saying about your efforts to lose weight and get fit? Are the messages positive and encouraging, or just the opposite?
Make a conscious effort today to take note of your inner chatter so you can see if it's helping you. If not, you can learn to look on the sunny side — it just takes some practice, say experts from the Mayo Clinic. The secret? Take note of the negative messages and replace them with a positive spin! Here are some examples:
Instead of "I can't stick to a diet," think "I know I can do this!"
Instead of "This won't work," think "I can make this work!"
Instead of "It's a waste of time," think "It will be worth the extra effort!"
Instead of "It's not going to make a difference," think "I'll never know unless I try!"
Instead of "It hasn't worked before," think "I'll try again!"
Instead of "I've already tried," think "I can learn from my mistakes!"
Instead of "I don't like that (food, exercise, etc.)," think "I'm excited to try some new things!"

1 comment:

Josh said...

God keeps my perspective in check, especially when this link showed up in my email:
www.caringbridge.org/visit/andrewkozlowski