Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Love Ya!


Again I made the yummo yellow cake from the HillyBilly Housewife recipe....only this time I tried the chocolate glossy frosting recipe. I tried a cooked frosting years ago and it was very stressful. This one was remarkably easy. My only suggestion is that you sift the ingredients or use a whisk...that thought occur ed to me while I was making it but I got distracted.
So let me just tell you that it is a wonderful cross between frosting and pudding...can't wait to eat the cake and frosting together tonight at home group. Oh, and there is a diabetic in our home group so I made the cake and frosting with 1/2 sugar, 1/2 splenda. Hopefully that will be good enough for him because all splenda is nasty in baked goods. Don't mind it in my coffee or on grapefruit but anything else and yowsa that is one funky aftertaste. Alright, this like three days in a row for me...hope it is making you smile. Your posts always make me smile...love Ya!!!

2 comments:

Tavia said...

Next time I'm in town, I don't want to go out to eat with you - I want to come over and eat all your yummy from scratch recipes. They all sound so tasty!

gideonmommasita said...

Sure 'nuff