Monday, August 3, 2009

living


It's Monday
For me it is newness.
A chance to start over again...in a good way.
Sunday prepares me for the start of the week.
The quietness and focus on God's word to launch me into the work ahead.
Few scriptures stick in my mind, I have never been successful at scripture memorization.
However...
If it has been put to music...immediate recall.
Take for instance 1 John 4:7&8
Do you remember singing that song?
Beloved, let us love one another
For love is of God and
everything that loveth is born of God and knoweth God

As soon as he said the scripture reference that song/verse sang through my mind.

The sermon yesterday complexly centered around the love of God...

Makes me wonder about my attitude.
How do you share God's love without the authoritative, condemning father figure
?
I so want to share with my neighbor and friend coming for lunch today that love and not judgement.

The sermon's point yesterday was that Christ's all sufficient propitiation takes away that judgment. "Instead of showing himself to be against us God will show himself in our life and experience to be for us."

  • This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.
  • 1John 4:9

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Did you serve "Melanie's Spinach Lasagna"? perhaps you need to hand over the recipe?