Monday, September 14, 2009

Hurricanes and Football


My cousin's son played football in jr. high and high school and whenever we were in town we would go to his games. I never thought in a million years that I would be watching my own son play. We have never been a sports family. And even at the first game last week, as soon I realized that the first half was all John-Thomas was going to play in, I was ready to go...not much of a team player. We stayed of course, Stewart was still the water boy for the rest of the game and Josh was helping with the chain to mark the plays. Elise and Emmett had a blast running around the bleachers with the other kids their age. The whole time he was playing I wondered if he was going to get injured. Craziness, I thought, last year we were a quiet little homeschool family who did rock climbing on Fridays with some other homeschool kids and this year look at us. It reminded me of the hurricanes.
Who would've thought that two hurricanes hit the same place (over our house) in one hurricane season?
Who would've thought that the kid that had never been in public school before or played on any team sports would be playing football? This week he goes on his first field trip, I have to take him to school at 5:30 in the morning.
And while I'm at it, who would have thought that the very same loud and wiggly girl would sit still in her seat and ne'er peep a sound in kindergarten?
Lord help my unbelief, give me faith to believe in all your promises and not in some boxed in notion of what I think my life should be like.
Romans 4:20 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to
God,

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3 : 17

No comments: