Wednesday, September 30, 2009

looks lovely but it's still smells like garlic


And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Romans 12 :2
This is the verse I was looking for last week.
I'm so glad that it goes on in verse 6 that Grace was given to us...

Grace for Every Need

"There is joy divine that is ever mine since the Lord has forgiven me; and I work and sing for my blessed King, by His grace I have been made free. He will ever keep with the tempests sweep, And hath grace for each trying hour; So I go in love to this Friend above, Ever trusting His grace and pow'r. O this wondrous grace is for all the race, It is boundless and full and free; And I trust and cling to my blessed King Who by grace now is keeping me. There is grace for each need, Grace full, grace free, Saving grace yes, indeed, Flowing from the throne above; Grace to hide all my sin, All, yes, grace free, Pardon all may win, Grace in His perfect love."

J.M. Henson & Whitworth

Everything that draws my attention, like the wonderful society garlic I dug up from Susan's yard, may still stink like garlic and be bitter to taste. There is only one place my attention really needs to be and isn't me or the things I'm seeing.

This world has nothing for me and this world has everything
All that I could want and nothing that I need
.....This World by Caedmon's Call

No comments: