Monday, September 21, 2009

sayings of Agur


Proverbs 30:8.
Keep falsehood and lies far from me; give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread.


This should be a sheild, a garland of honor, a treasure of the highest value...but it feels like a millstone. For almost as long as we've been married this has been my husbands mantra.


Feelings...I am reminded of the quote I've had in my sidebar for over a year now....


There is always plenty to complain about if your life is controlled by your feelings. But there is always much more to thank God for if you life is controlled by your dwelling on His faithfulness, His love and His mercy."~ Elisabeth Elliott ~


Why can't I silent the lies of not enough when I have Jesus.

As the music plays "You can have all this world, give me Jesus" I am convicted and emotional.


When I sat down this morning to find verses about not learning instead I found Josh's verse. Isn't that poignant?

Before I remembered that I hadn't learned to be content I was thinking about being distinct from culture...I want to think more about that but not right now.

Is there a blessing in your life that you hide in shame behind?

No comments: