Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas Eve


Kinda feeling like I am having a bad dream and am waking up tomorrow to find it's Christmas. This year seems like it is closer than ever, maybe because we are leaving on the 14th to celebrate our 15th Anniversary and won't be back until the 18th and then leave the 19th to drive 13 hours to Indiana to spend Christmas with my sister Cathron and her family.
Oh my.
It will all get done...what needs to get done.
I will spend a lot of my precious time next weekend decorating. I don't know when the cookies the kids wanted to make for their teachers will get baked. I have never been good at making myself stay up past 9:30 let alone into the wee hours of the night to get the last ends of whatever worked on.
Why, you may ask, is she wasting time writing this drivel then?
Because
Maybe by telling myself again and again to not give in to the pressures and that success is not only subjective but illusionary I will waltz through the next 3 weeks with peace. Not the peace my society gives but everlasting peace....that everlasting peace that will be on my head, is on my head, has been on my head.
Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
Mark 11 : 24

Which brings me to Advent, how are you preparing your heart to remember the first coming and anticipate the next?

No comments: