Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Shaken and Removed

Feb 8, 2010 Camellia from my yard
There was a huge traffic jam in the kitchen this morning.
Seems like everyone needs the bathroom/shower at the same time.
Yuck
But...
We have a regular paycheck every month.
We do not have state health insurance for the kids anymore, everyone is covered by Aetna.
Our van is getting regular service and has a running ac.
No matter how I feel, there are ladies in the our church that I am as close to as my church ladies in Palm Bay.
Could I then choose to be thankful?
Why then do I keep getting hung up on my miniature dollhouse size kitchen and letting it cloud my perception of everything else in Jacksonville?
I don't know.

"There is always plenty to complain about if your life is controlled by your feelings. But there is always much more to thank God for if you life is controlled by your dwelling on His faithfulness, His love and His mercy."~ Elisabeth Elliott ~

More thoughts:
As I have tried to memorize my week 3 verse I have noticed
"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

My world is shaken and items/people removed but God's love and compassion is not shaken or removed. Unfortunately seeing that little connection has not gotten me any closer to memorizing my verse but it is nice to reflect on.

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

I am having a really hard time memorizing this year... I think I need to set up a definite incentive so that I will follow through... Well, at least I am meditating on scripture, right?