Monday, November 8, 2010

And another thing

My sister and brother-in-law excel at
  1. hospitality, ie...regularly sharing dinner with friends
  2. after dinner devotions
Pictured here are my sister and 3 of her kids, me and 2 of mine and 3 guests also with a child. Not pictured is the giggles that happened during devotions. It was a scene straight out of my childhood. Elise got the giggles and was trying to control herself while Dave was reading Thessalonians. She composed herself until I looked up at her and she looked at me, while Cathron was looking at both of us, and immediately Elise bust out uncontrollably again. I don't know how many times I got in trouble when I was her age for laughing uncontrollably at dinner. All it took was my eyes locking on Cathron's to get me started. Nothing said, no funny look...
I can't explain it and if it hadn't happened just that way during Dave's valorous attempt at sharing the word then I might have explained it away that Cathron must have given me a funny look to make me laugh so....but no, just something unspoken in the eyes.
This is what I was remembering yesterday about my week in Indiana.

3 comments:

Edsther said...

You have a sweet blog! :-)

Gloria said...

Love reading about the giggles. What a precious memory!

sister sheri said...

What wonderful memories!

And I can't tell you how many times my cousins would make me laugh and the milk would pour out of my nose! Gross!