Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Father forgive me

Father forgive me it's been 10 days since my last post and I haven't narry a Christmas picture to post.

I'm not Catholic but I have been using Catholic resources lately and I may be a bit confused.

The last couple of weeks for Children's choir devotion I have been focusing on Advent and the top googled Advent devotions have been...Catholic.  This site is where I did my reading today, read the whole weeks worth in fact.  It was really good. I wish I were more diligent in doing devotions for myself instead of waiting until I have forum. This Sunday the kids are singing before the service, pray that they a breath of fresh air in the midst of the frustration and unrest that is our church right now. (assistant pastor asked to resign last week...people hurt and wounded exponentially now)

This morning Stewart had to be at school at 5:40 for a field trip so that gave a few minutes on the computer this morning.  Sorry the posts are dwindling, they may just dwindle a tad more because of the work load.  I have managed to keep reading The Moore by Laurie King.  It has been slow going because I can only read a few pages each night before the words start swimming.  Still lovin this author and her Mary Russell series...just saying if you need a nice little historical fiction/mystery for your reading pleasure I am still recommending her.

Working a the Embroidery shop is going better, it was/is a lot to learn and remember but I am remembering more and the lady I work for/with is very pleasant and her voice is very gentle and so the work goes quickly.  The kids and Josh and my mom have all pitched in to share the home front work load so it that arena is sailing rather smoothly. Now if I just had a ghost poster they this front would be covered as well!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

That will be 5 Hail Mary's and 3 Our Father's.

I'm glad that you are enjoying your work at the embroidery shop. What a relief that the family is pitching in to kept the home front running smoothly.

Just said a prayer for you regarding church life - a prayer that your hearts and minds will be at peace amongst the turmoil and changes.

sister sheri said...

I am so glad we can connect on FB... that way I won't feel deprived if you aren't blogging as much!

I am so sorry about the situation at your church. This is NEVER easy. NEVER. We have gone through a couple of these after our senior pastor resigned to take the superintendent position. Someone is blamed. Someone is hurt. The gossip runs rampant. Satan has a field day! If we can stay immersed in God's word and prayer and know that God has a bigger plan that we are not privy to... we can come out stronger in the end. And in each case I have seen that to be true.

Hope your Christmas is merry and bright!