Monday, July 4, 2011

Finish line

I have really come to dislike Sundays.
Every Sunday it is the same thing.
Worship music starts, I start crying because I am taken back to Stephen's death.
Even the music on the radio when we got home resonated.
Laura Story's Blessings ,
What if your blessings come through raindrops? What if your healing comes through tears? What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you’re near?

Chris Tomlin's I will Rise
There’s a peace I’ve come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There’s an anchor for my soul
I can say “It is well”
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

The message in church this morning was about sharing your testimony.
He stopped his message so we could turn to our neighbor and tell about the moment when we first believed and the people that were involved in that.
I've got nothing.
But....
Stephen did.
More tears.
So I'm thinking that I might share that story when we go to Czech. Each night we take turns sharing our testimony and I think my night is Thursday.  Josh doesn't think I'll be able to get it out...he thinks I'll just break down crying with the translator standing beside me not knowing what to do.  My original plan was to share a testimony of God's provision and faithfulness that we overwhelmingly experienced through the hurricanes. I guess I should print them both out.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I love Laura' Story's song, it always touches me. Through those raindrops, through those tears and sleepless nights - comes ministry. Ministry to us as we heal, ministry to others when we can empathize with their pain. The Holy Spirit will tell you which testimony to use and the tears in both your stories will help minister to the hearts of someone listening. Hoping for all kinds of fabulous moments for you and Josh.