Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wacky Wednesday

It seems like every time I hear this song it resonates with me.  The part in yello connects with what we read in our Made to Crave book. The first two stanzas  connects with what I've heard my sister and brother-in-law say about thoughts they have had since Stephen died and it seems like it connects with what Josh says on a semi-regular basis about the way he feels.
The part that is blue is encouraging to me because it reminds again that this life/movie is not about me...which is from the Francis Chan Book Crazy Love.
The summer of 2010 Big Daddy Weave performed after one of the Jacksonville Suns baseball games and I really wasn't impressed with them but still occasionally enjoy their songs. I thought about putting a picture in between each stanza like Sherri does sometimes (which I have copied shamelessly) but there wasn't enough time today to do that.  


I freaked out today because I thought I had missed E&E's appt. for physicals but it turns out it is tomorrow, seems like this school thing is all consuming and I would rather be on prozac if I'm going to be this tired from running at crack a dawn thirty but I have "the power of the hand of the universe".  
Which brings me to my prayer for you today.  I thanked God that he made you victorious today and that you  were able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the enemy and that you would take up the shield of faith and fight with strength knowing that the Lord is with you. Amen




I wish I was more of a man
Have you ever felt that way
And if I had to tell you the truth
I’m afraid I’d have to say
That after all I’ve done and failed to do
I feel like less than I was meant to be

What if I could fix myself
Maybe then I could get free
I could try to be somebody else
Who’s much better off than me
But I need to remember this
That it’s when I’m at my weakest
I can clearly see

He made the lame walk and the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits while His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus life thru you and me


What if you could see yourself thru another pair of eyes
What if you could hear the truth
Instead of old familiar lies
What if you could feel inside
The power of the hand that made the universe You’d realize 
All our hearts they burn within us
All our lives we’ve longed for more
So let us lay our lives before the one who gave His life for us

No comments: