Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of School

I got everything done on my list and then some last week.
Except...
When I got out my roll of fabric to make the duvet covers I found that it was not one continuous piece of fabric and the way it was cut prevented me from making two covers like I had hoped.  So instead of sewing I had to go to JoAnns to get more fabric. Maybe this week I'll get to it while I'm homeschooling....RIGHT?!
If that wasn't enough of a goal, I found these cute turtles to sew this morning.
Why I need to sew some turtles I have no idea.
Instead I should repair my place mats where the ruffle edge is coming off.

Two Saturdays ago when I drove to Walterboro S.C. to meet my dad to get the kids back from camp I listened to Steven Curtis Chapman's cd Beauty Will Rise. I would not recommend this as a casual listen.  If you need a good tear jerker and are feeling like you can't get a good cry on then put this in.  Or if you want a regular reminder of what your sister is still feeling on a regular basis then put on the cd instead of waiting for the radio to play a song to remind you.
That's what I have done since the trip to get the kids.
If I listen it on the way to work or on the way home.  My kids are quick to put it back to the radio when they get in the car.


4 comments:

Gloria said...

Quite impressive that you got your to-do list done. I have a list in my head that isn't getting anything checked off of at the moment.

Those turtles are soooo cute! I don't know what I would do with turtles either but I'd like to try to make one....guess that could be # 145 on my creative to-do list. Behind the window treatments, the sofa pillows, the couch slipcover, the chair pads, the t-shirt dress, the messenger bag..... on and on and on.....

I was browsing the Christian Discount Bookstore website and saw the Beauty Will Rise book, I assumed by the title that it was about the loss of their daughter. Is it?

Melissa said...

I read an excerpt from Mary Beth's book that was enough to get my cry on.

I've missed you...

Sorry I have been so absent. I started reading everyone's blogs again and realized how much I miss writing and connecting.

gideonmommasita said...

Gloria,
yes the book is about the loss of their daughter.

AllThingsHomey said...

That turtle would make a cute pin cushion..hint, hint.