Monday, January 2, 2012

Love Languages


Last time my sister was in town we were discussing the love languages of my children and since one of them was listening then we tried to explain our love languages.  Neither of us have read the book so I thought it was pretty funny us discussing it.
In the same call that she told me she saw an Osprey flying over the University Blvd bridge carrying a fish in it's mouth, I told her that Josh had just won 4 tickets to the Disney World Theme Parks.  She said something about us being the winningest people.  I jokingly said it was God's love language toward us.  She agreed because it meant more for her to see an Osprey than winning tickets.

 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins.
Colossians 2 : 13



1 comment:

Gloria said...

You guys ARE the biggest winningiest people I know! Cool deal on the Disney tickets. Arthur and I are going down for the Goofy race and I've been saying that I would like to go to a park, but the park prices are outrageous and I keep questioning if it is important enough for us to drop the cash. That's a total side note!

Love languages - MAJOR impact on my marriage. Once upon a time Arthur was trying to show me he loved me by doing dishes and laundry, meanwhile I felt like a failure because he was doing it and rejected that he wasn't just spending time with me.....Love languages cleared that whole misunderstanding up for us - thank God!