Friday, September 7, 2012

After All



1 John 3:2 "Beloved, we are God's children now, and what we will be has not yet appeared; but we know that when he appears we shall be like him, because we shall see him as he is."


A year ago I spent one afternoon and only had a couple of exchanges with a 27 year old friend who was helping a family of 9 pack up their house to move across the country.  He was a colleague of my friends and he spoke to me like we had been friends our whole life.  In just a couple of conversations I knew he had a passion for Christ, for students living right and that he loved to be active.  He was involved in the life of another family I am friends with and I have thought how much I would like to spend time with him. Well, he died this week. Over 2,000 people have "liked" the prayers for James Belyea page. Josh never met him but after reading through the comments people were leaving he called me and was filled with emotion overflowing.   He impacted everyone he met and even some that had only heard of him.
When I heard After All  this morning it resonated some initial thoughts I had when it first came out.

When Stephen died it was instrumental in my grieving process to know that he had started his eternity of praising God, of worshiping him in fullness.  The face to face that we have sung about our whole lives.
But right now I can only dream about that majesty, it isn't bright enough right now.
Our life right now can't contain all of his Glory.
But He reigns.
I can't comprehend it but 
He is Holy

After All
I can't comprehend your infinitely beautiful and perfect love
Oh I've dreamed dreams of majesty as brilliant as a billion stars
But they're never bright enough after all

You are Holy
Oh Holy
Holy, Holy, Holy

I will sing a song for you my God with everything I have in me
But it's never loud enough after all

You are Holy
Oh Holy
Holy, Holy, Holy

Heaven and earth are full, full of your glory, glory
My soul it overflows full of your glory, your glory
Oh blessed is he who reigns, full of your glory, your glory
My cup, it can't contain all of your glory, your glory
Hosanna we are found after all you are

Holy
Oh Holy
Holy, Holy, Holy

I can't comprehend
You're infinitely beautiful
by the David Crowder Band

Another one of my grieving songs that has come out recently is Matt Redman's 10,000 Reasons
And another one that redirects me : Stronger by Hillsong

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

He sounds like he was such a light and inspiration. Praying I can be that for others. And praying that God brings you comfort during this time.