Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Common

Fat or skinny, rich or poor we are all sons and daughters of Adam. Reading Melissa's blog we all related to going crazy with kids in the car, (check this out for a common laugh) and I am reminded while trying to lose weight that it will be a lifetime thing not unique to me... while else do skinny people continue to exercise? When sign up time comes for some women's event at church I have found out that not everyone is excited about the prospect of mingling but we know we all have to be engaged in the family of God. I've been reading Dee Dee's Diary so much lately that the verse at the head of her blog has stuck in my mind:

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (KJV) I Cor 10:13

Last night I walked more than 3 miles along the downtown riverfront with some ladies all different ages and fitness levels but all trying to escape the "sin that so easily ensnares".
It was more than getting some more calories burned for the day it was a time to connect and encourage. I just wish my sneakers didn't give me a blister. The "no pain no gain" certainly is taking on a new meaning. But I love my sneakers. What it is at the heart of the temptation verse? What kind of temptation is it talking about? Surely it can be applied to the common problem of eating more caramel popcorn cakes than I should but somehow I have got to get the Gospel central to all that we experiance and engage in...Oh this has gone off to a hundred different tangents and it is lunch time. Yeah SALAD.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Emily, have you tried Barilla Plus multigrain pasta? It's awesome! I don't like the whole wheat pasta, but Barilla is really good. Lots of omega 3!
Did you get my phone message?

gideonmommasita said...

I haven't tried the Barilla but I did pick up the Ronzonni Healthy Harvest spaghetti and wasn't that thrilled...have some egg noodles that we haven't eaten yet...will have to try the Barilla.

Melissa said...

it's so yummy. We are going to buy a 2004 Ford Freestar. Got it for a good price. Cheaper than the Montana.

CroppinRobin said...

I agree with Melissa....Barilla Plus, best pasta out there. I am not a fan of the whole wheat pasta either. Now, I don't buy any other pasta. I guess I can add that to my 'snob list'...I'm a pasta snob!
I think I'm also becoming a rice snob...only brown rice will do...

CroppinRobin said...

Emily,
I love reading your posts...they are so REAL.

CroppinRobin said...

I need to add that scripture to my blog!....