Monday, April 14, 2008

Covenant

Covenant: My faithfulness is not determined by your actions
I thought this was a real good definition of Covenant that Dr. Caufield gave at the M! conference.

Today my cousin Geoffrey stopped by out of the blue. He lives minutes from my house and I literally haven't seen him in more than 2 years. He will be the first one to tell you that he has a drinking problem. Last time he came by he didn't understand how family or friends could drop you like a rotten egg because you drank too much. He wanted faithfulness no matter what his actions. Today he said he understood he had to take some responsibility for his actions and I hope he is able. We all have sin issues that affect everyone around us, his just happens to be a socially unacceptable one.

He said he knows God loves us, but he isn't very happy with us sometimes. I wish I would've remembered Christ's robe of righteousness when I was talking to him. And, my favorite:

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Sounds like the marriage conference was a good one. Every once in a while we need to stop and actively do something to invest in our marriages.

Glad your cousin got to stop in for a visit, a surprise one at that. I'm much like you in that after a incident happens I can think of all kinds of things I could have said but am usually a blank when the event is actually happening.