Tuesday, February 16, 2010

unveiled faces

We, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

2 Corinthians 3 : 18

A week and a half a go that verse was my verse for the day on my sidebar and I thought it was wonderful. I knew Moses had to shield his face from the Israelites because of the glory he reflected and I knew we will have unveiled faces when we finally get to heaven but this idea that right now we have unveiled faces has been rattling around in my head ever since.

Sheri asked in her post how the memorizing was going, well......
The last verse I tried to memorize I printed out several copies with the lines ending in different ways and put one by my sink where I had wash a family of 6's dishes every day all day long it seems...."not really" you might be saying because you know my wonderful husband does show his love for me by aiding in this chore. And I think I have taken one in the car with me but I did not write it out...I know this is part of how I learn and yet I didn't do it. I will definitely have to include this over the next couple of weeks.


Speaking of the "verse of the day" in my sidebar. Out of all of scripture this in the one verse that continually comes to my head...the one that I woke up with this morning. I probably should spend the next two and a half weeks memorizing where it comes from instead of the 2 Cor. verse.
Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Galatians 6 : 9

1 comment:

sister sheri said...

Galatians 6:9 was one of my verses last year. But I love the unveiled one, too! I agree with you that sometimes writing out is helpful... good tip!