Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Share the love


This morning I opened up my blog for my verse of the day and then decided to see what was up on Anna Marie Horner.  Besides seeing my dream attic on her post I also saw a link to where she got her cool file cabinets.  Now, I don't have a place for any of those cool file cabinets until Josh's dad wins the lottery and we build my dream attic but I could use one of their bookcases.  That reminded me of all the great tips I have been thankful lately and have used in the past week.
  • Grating Butter when softend butter is called for in a recipe is the best tip and I use it regularly with many thanks to Robin.
  • Sanding my nails before painting them is another tip that I have been given and I wish I knew who from....I tried it last week and the nail polish actually stayed on, I may be painting my nails more regularly now!
  • Cleaning amber with Olive Oil...got that tip from the jewelry lady on one of the cruises. (Actually haven't done cleaned it this week but did think about cleaning it last night.)
  • Vaseline around the hairline when coloring my hair, got that tip from the barber's wife who used to cut the boys' hair in Melbourne.
Thats all I have to time for right now, it's time to take the boys to school.

5 comments:

sister sheri said...

I spray the crockpot with PAM before I put the food in it to cook. Makes clean up much easier.

I finally decided to buy a little clip to attach my keys to the inside of my purse. I was so tired of losing them.

I try to always park in the same spot at church, the mall, school. That way I don't have to wonder where I parked.

Whew! Didn't realize I had all those hints!

Gloria said...

Great tips, thanks for sharing!

Ebayer said...

ok...when i read sanding nails...i thought you meant nails - like hammer and nails...not the nails on your fingers! what do you mean by sanding your nails?

CroppinRobin said...

good golly....the previous post was from me - robin...i hate when i don't realize that google automatically signs me in.

gideonmommasita said...

Robin....like a the rough side on one of those nail buffers...I've got the kind w/4sides.