Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Going nowhere not even fast

It's gotten hot.
72 degrees doesn't sound hot but my ideal jogging temp is 57.
Don't even get me started on the humidity.
My neighbor and I had winnowed our jogging time down to less than a 9 minute mile...granted it wasn't much less than 9....8:58 but we were stoked.
This morning it was an 11 minute mile and we felt like we were jogging as fast as we could.
Monday we decided to mix up our jogging schedule.  Same mileage for the week but spread out over 5 days instead of 3.  I don't know if the change up has messed us up or if it was coming off a cold and too many cruise desserts or what, but I'm hoping we will get better.  If we don't,  I should be happy that I am exercising.
Forget goals and improving, status quo....
blah, blah, blah...
More on the blah, blah, blah...
Yesterday I started the process to turn in my resignation for one of my library jobs.
Over a month ago when I found out the library was not attempting to renew the grant for the Teens Make a Difference, I was offered a part time job in circulation. It was 18 hrs a week at minimum wage but I had also just found out we had been operating our household with a growing deficit for the past two years and it seemed like what I needed to do so I took it.
About the same time Stewart got on the middle school swim team (under duress from me....Coach wanted him on track...Stewart didn't do well in track last year, I thought he would do well on the swim team.)
This week I asked for a night off to go see Stewart in a swim meet....I have missed three so far, only a couple left.....I should also mention he has learned three dives since joining the swim team.

Circ. Supervisor said I couldn't have the night off.
I cried.
It's that time of month.
I cried some more.
On my brake I went to my friend Susan's desk and told her and cried some more.
Tried hard to be grateful for the stupid job.
Our budget deficit hasn't gone away but I decided to resign anyway.
Had a few minutes last night before Prime Time started so I flopped open my Bible.
It flopped to Isiah 31....
Basically don't trust in horses and chariots, trust in God.
Forget goals and improving.
Or, remember the goals that are most important and improving in areas that can't be measured by bank accounts or bathroom scales or timers.

From Matthew Henry's commentary:

[4] For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
For — Although you have done evil in sending to Egypt for help, yet the Lord himself will, of his own grace, give you that help which you do not deserve.

Isaiah 32: 1
Then justice will dwell in the wilderness,
    and righteousness abide in the fruitful field.
17 And the effect of righteousness will be peace,
    and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust[a] forever.

18 My people will abide in a peaceful habitation,
    in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I LOVE this "improving in areas that can't be measured by bank accounts or bathroom scales or timers." I might have to steal that....